- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (leaner is better)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except ketchup in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Place mixture into an ungreased loaf pan or shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan.
- Spread ketchup or sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until no pink remains at the center of the meatloaf. If using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of the meatloaf should be 160 degrees.
- After baking, let sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
Yield: 1 loaf of meatloaf.Main Recipe Page